A program that combines strength-building compound movements with insane muscle-growing giant sets and multiple intensity techniques. …read more
Why are people listening to fat guys who squat 800 pounds but can barely move? The truth is, running (not jogging) has a host of benefits to the weight lifter. …read more
There are plenty of ways to ratchet up the intensity of a set, like forced reps, Tom Platz iso-holds, and rest/pause sets, but you need to apply them in two-week waves. …read more
It’s that time of the month again…
July’s programming is now available! The Fitness Pain Free Coaching program contains:
- 5-days per week done for you program for yourself or for your gym with a specific mobility routine for your off days
- Learn how to easily screen and assess yourself and your athletes and how to correct these faults
- Warm-ups with mobility specific to the day’s lifting and met-con
- Olympic weightlifting and strength program
- Gymnastics skills work
- Fun and varied daily met-con
- A track for competitors as well as average Joe’s and Jane’s.
- Joint health mobility and injury prevention exercises
I’ve taken your feedback from the past month to tweak things and improve upon the system. Focus for this month:
- More fun and varied met-con. Last month several people asked for more variation in the WODs. I’ve really racked my brain to make these workouts fun and creative.
- More olympic weightlifting in the competitive track. This is the time in the season to start getting really strong. I’ve had feedback from several people that their lifts are constantly improving (Myself included: 245 x 3 overhead squat at 172lbs bodyweight – Reminder I need to eat more). Now it’s time to step it up a notch.
- More variation during met-con for different populations. If your gym’s population is more competitive, you can account for that. Is your gym full of people who want to have fun, get a workout in and stay safe? There’s a track for that. It’s all modifiable.
- A bit more gymnastics in the met-con. You’ve been prepping your gymnastics for some time now. Now we can start incorporating it into our conditioning.
- More specific mobility and joint health exercises.
- Screening and corrections for the front rack
To all of the competitors out there, now is the time to start with your goal setting. Some personal goals for myself:
- 300lb Clean and Jerk
- 235lb Snatch
- 425lb Back Squat
- 345lb …read more
Most training programs will deliver results, but are those the results you really want? Let’s look at two popular methodologies. …read more
Once your physical skills are well-developed, strategic psychology may be the greatest weapon in your arsenal. …read more
How do you train nearly 200 muscles in your body with one, easy to learn lift? You perform the hang clean. Here’s the simple way to do it. …read more
Women like to say abs are made in the kitchen. Then why do so many struggle in that area? Here’s where they’re going wrong with their diets and how they can fix them for long-term leanness. …read more
Unstable surface training makes you slower, weaker, increases the incidence of some injuries, and really doesn’t do anything to improve your balance. …read more
A single ”squat day” isn’t going to cut it anymore. Bring up your Olympic lifts by starting every workout with squats. …read more