All in all I felt the programming was solid but I enjoyed some parts and saw room for improvement in others.
Things I didn’t like:
- The high volume weeks were too much.
- I have trouble improving my squat and deadlift without max effort work. This go around will have more max effort work as well as a separate squat day without oly lifts first.
- I want to make the rep ranges on accessory exercises larger. This way you can more easily modify to fit your own needs.
- I wanted to make the weights used more percentage based and rep max based to make the program easier to modify
- There was a bit too much lifting prior to met-con for me. I’d feel really beat during any conditioning. This month includes more met-con with less strength work prior.
- I don’t think I had enough met-con work into the past month’s program in general.
Things I liked:
- I liked the amount of oly lifting. This is a weakness for me and I’ve been able to improve over the past month.
- The shoulder volume was manageable. My shoulders have been feeling great.
- I really like the skill/conditioning work with minimal rest. I feel this is a good way to do accessory work so that technique can be maximized while still being relatively fatigued.
A few additional pointers:
- Make sure you’re eating enough calories throughout the program, it’s not an easy one.
- Workouts should take 60-90 minutes. If they’re taking longer then that then I would start modifying things to finish faster.
- You …read more