GRECO-ROMAN DUMMY – SYNTHETIC LEATHER
The synthetic Greco-Roman Wrestling Throwing dummy is designed for mostly upper body drills and throws. It is made of soft black synthetic leather. The long torso with no legs allows fast and easy repetitive throws over the chest and over the back. The Greco Dummy is designed with anatomical dimensions and flexibility in order to perform the highest quality techniques and drills.
- Two arms and NO legs
- Synthetic Black Leather
- Made in Bulgaria
DIMENSIONS AND SIZING RECOMENDATIONS
- Extra Small: Weight 33-35 lbs.; Height 52 inches; For athletes 60-90 lbs.
- Small: Weight 50-55 lbs.; Height 58 inches; For athletes 90-140 lbs.
- Medium: Weight 60-65 lbs.; Height 63 inches; For athletes 140-190 lbs.
- Large: Weight 80-85 lbs.; Height 68 inches; For athletes 190-250lbs
IVAN IVANOV ON THROWING DUMMIES
‘As a Coach, if you want to have a successful program, you must have specific equipment in the wrestlingroom designed for wrestlers. The throwing dummy is one of them.’
MMA TEAM QUEST
YOUTH WRESTLERS WITH SUPLES WRESTLING DUMMIES
BENEFITS OF TRAINING WITH GRECO ROMAN DUMMIES
As a coach and world class athlete, here are some very important benefits of why you should train with dummies.
- As an athlete: I can have the dummy available anytime I need to drill and work on my throws. The dummies are soft, durable and flexible I can take the dummy on a trip and drill throws on the grass or on the beach, so I will not miss a work out.
- If I am injured and can’t wrestle 100% I can train with the dummy until I am fully recovered.
- I can be at home in my backyard, garage or basement doing a circuit strength and conditioning work out and incorporate the dummy as a specific exercise, along with my strength and conditioning exercises.
HOW CAN YOU USE THE DUMMY FOR WRESTLING
Here are some of the ways I use my dummies in the wrestling room.
- I have my athletes do high repetition throws on the Greco dummy. This helps them to develop fast back step for the throws over head and over back. Helping them to develop a explosive back arch for throws like; a suplay, body locks, and lateral drops. As well as developing flexible hips.
- I have over 10 throwing Greco Roman throwing dummies in my room. At a minimum, twice a week I have my team warm up by doing dummy throws. I have them drill for about 15-20 minutes doing only throws. I find this warm up very helpful for my wrestlers.
- After the main training session I use the throwing dummies for building extra strength and conditioning. My team will have an intensive dummy throws for 3 to 5 periods each being 30 or 60 seconds long, or I will have them do 15 to 20 minutes straight of just throws or drills.
- I use the dummies during what I call my ‘circle strength and conditioning work out’. When I designed a circuit work out on the mat I will never miss a chance to incorporate a throwing dummy as one of the stations.