Even the most ”functional” trainer should include a few arm exercises in his routine. Here are some of the best options. …read more
What’s best, a low carb, ketogenic diet, or one that’s more balanced? Sometimes the studies don’t show a clear picture. …read more
Ladders and wave loading are both great ways to build size and strength, but combine them and you get something magical. …read more
Join Rob and I as we interview orthopedic surgeon Dr. Sean Rockett about the most common knee injuries you’ll find in crossfit as well as how we can prevent and treat them.
- [1:25] Dr. Rockett addresses all of the recent “hub bub” about
concussions in youth sports
- [2:25] Dr. Rockett’s ideas on kipping pullups and whether or not they are related to the high incidence of SLAP labral tears in crossfit.
- [7:25] Introducing today’s topic, knee injuries in crossfit
- [7:45] What are the most common knee injuries seen in crossfit?
- [9:09] Can we fix knee pain by addressing technique solely?
- [10:53] What are the most common knee injuries that require surgery?
- [11:45] Why are we seeing knee injuries from crossfit and how can we fix this?
- [13:00] Are deep, olympic style squats safe for the knees and the meniscus?
- [15:40] If deep squats aren’t bad then what is leading to meniscus injury?
- [16:50] How does Dr. Rockett treat tendonitis and meniscus injury both surgically and conservatively?
- [19:02] Dr. Rockett’s thoughts on patellofemoral pain syndrome and having knee pain without any evidence of tissue injury
- [22:27] What is a typical meniscus surgery like?
- [23:14] Dr. Rockett’s experience surgically treating a crossfit games competitor
- [27:35] What about performing crossfit with knee arthritis?
- [28:25] Can I perform crossfit with a total knee replacement? What can I do, what can’t I do? and how long is the recovery?
- [32:02] Although ACL injuries are not common in crossfit what do I have to be aware of when returning to crossfit after an ACL repair?
- [33:50] How long should I wait to compete in crossfit following ACL surgery (Hint, it’s not 4-6 months)
- [36:20] If I rupture my ACL do I even need surgery? What if I want to be competitive in crossfit?
- [37:47] Why understanding crossfit is crucial for a surgeon and therapist
- [39:35] Dr. Rockett’s experience as a medical volunteer at …read more
A 10-workout program designed to get you bigger, stronger, and combat ready, whether you’re in the military or not. …read more
The gym isn’t an escape from life’s problems, but a way of solving them. A strong body makes for a strong person. Challenge yourself, test yourself, and grow. …read more
Recent evidence continues to support resveratrol’s role in raising Testosterone while reducing estrogen. …read more
Busted-up veteran lifters often have to abandon the back squat. But they may not need to. Try these variations to keep the leg growth coming. …read more
Triple fat loss without losing an ounce of muscle: the smartest, fastest way to lose fat while doing cardio. …read more
A 3-day split that targets your legs while still allowing you to maintain size and strength in your upper body. …read more